This is an entirely self-serving entry, so sorry, but for once I’m going to do something a bit spontaneous, career-wise.
Over the last couple of years, I’ve had strong yearnings to set up shop on my own, rather than work for someone else. So far there have been a few things stopping me. I won’t go into much detail, as they’re largely personal, but one of them is a lack of varied experience (commercial or otherwise). Basically, I have very little to put on my CV or in a portfolio.
I’d like to rectify that as soon as possible. Hence this post. Here’s the skinny:
- I have a strong background in PHP and ASP (not .NET)
- I have experience with a number of web-based Content Management Systems.
- I’m primarily a coder – I can do graphics work, but it’s not my forté.
- I a firm believer in Web Standards – I have a strong background in XHTML and CSS.
- I have a good grounding in site structure and planning.
- I would initially only be available for any extra work outside of office hours (late evenings and weekends).
So what sort of work am I looking for? Well, I’d be interested in
- Paid plugin development.
- CMS implementation/modification.
- Helping on a larger coding project.
- Consulting on site structure/design.
- Helping optimise your XHTML/CSS.
- Helping you realise your site design in XHTML/CSS.
Although I’d consider any and all offers.
If you’re interested, please contact me via email: mcleodchris (at) gmail dot com… and if not, then thanks for reading this (and feel free to pass it on to anyone whomight be interested!)