A lot of catching up to do, so I might go into post overdrive for a little bit.
While I was away, a mini-meme appeared where people posted pictures of their set-up/working environment. Prior to hospital, my set-up was simply my iBook on the kitchen table – nothing to write home about. One thing that my family did for me when I was about to come home, was buy me a proper desk. Over the weekend of my discharge, I set about gathering all the bits and pieces I needed to give myself the work environment I really wanted.
The new set-up is:
- 1.33GHz iBook G4 with 768MB RAM, resting on a
- Griffin iCurve and next to a
- 17” Acer LCD screen, which I dual-screen thanks to this handy script
- there’s also a 30Gb External USB2 disk connected to
- a 7-port USB hub which also connects my
- Apple keyboard,
- 20GB iPod with colour screen,
- an HP Deskjet Printer,
- an HP Photosmart printer and
- a Belkin Bluetooth dongle which lets me use my
- MS Bluetooth Intellimouse
Much better than just the kitchen table, no? Plenty of cables though – I may invest in a couple of these sweet cable-tidies