Pseudonym for Jekyll

Earlier this summer I started messing around with Jekyll. In the end I didn’t migrate to it, but I at least gained a little knowledge.

One way that I tried to learn more about how Jekyll works, was by creating a test site and building a theme. That theme sat locked away in a private Github repository. Until now.

I’ve just opened up the source for Pseudonym, the name I gave to the project. It’s really very basic, but I hope at least somebody gets some use out of it.

You can find the demo site at http://dev.pseudonym.xxx/ (yes, I own a .XXX domain), and source can be found in the Github repository, here.

dev.pseudonym.xxx

A few notes and attributions (some copied from the readme)

  • I was also experimenting with Grunt.js. There’s a rudimentary gruntfile included, but the setup is incomplete. It was designed to build, concat and minify LESS files into CSS, various JavaScript files, and generate multiple sizes of the header images.
  • The theme is slightly responsive, but more work needs to be done here. Only tested on/targeted at desktop, iPad Mini, and my Nexus 4.
  • Header images are from Unsplash
  • Icons are by Font Awesome
  • I was messing around about with some newer CSS properties – the theme uses CSS columns in many places. While I’ve made it as cross-browser as I could in the time I spent on it, IE doesn’t look as pretty.
  • I’ve used Zepto, with a fallback to jQuery for IE.
  1. […] not liable and it’s not my responsibility to fix it. This license has also been added to Pseudonym. I haven’t got around to updating all of my repos with licenses, as I’m evaluating each […]

    Like

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: